Varieties and Coloring
- colorpoint: the extremities of muzzle, paws, ears and tail have a more intense color, while the rest of the body is clear.
- mitted (gloved): as the colorpoint has darker extremities; chin, belly, front gloves and booties of the hind paws must be white.
- bicolor: has a white upside down V on the muzzle mask; the paws, the belly and ruff should be white; ears and tail should be dark. The body has to be clear slightly more intense on the back.
- Seal: dark brown extremities
- Blue: extremities of the gray – blue color
- Red: extremities of the red- orange color
- Cream: Cream-colored extremities
- Chocolate: light brown extremities
- Lilac o Frost: light gray extremities
- Linx o Tabby: The color is uneven, there are streaks
The Chocolate and Lilac are not very common colors in Italy; while the Red, the Cream and Tabby have been recently included in the standard.